Making #2; Magnetic Stirrer
- 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. PureBond Birch Plywood (actual thickness 5mm) Homedepot
- 6 in. x 18 in. 22-Gauge Aluminum Metal Sheet Homedepot
- ARCTIC F8-80 mm Standard Case Fan Amazon
- PTFE magnetic stirrer mixer stir bar White Color Amazon
- Round Disc Block Magnets Cylinder Rare Earth Neodymium N52 N48 - 10mm x 3mm N48 Ebay
- Electric Heating Pad - 10cm x 5cm PID: 1481 Adafruit, Spec Sheet
- Heat Resistant Tape Amazon
- Potentiometer Volume Control Rotary Knobs, 19.5x11.5mm, 6mm Shaft Hole Amazon
- POT 100 OHM 2W CERMET LINEAR (93R1A-R22-A05L-ND) Digikey
- Rocker Switch, 16A 125V (450-1810-ND) Digikey
- DC Barrel Power Jack, 2.1 X 5.5MM (839-1291-ND) Digikey
- Rubber Bumper Feet Adafruit
- 5mm LED (Red and Yellow)
- 5mm Light Emitting Diode LED Bezel Holder Amazon
- #6-32 x 1/2 in. Coarse Zinc-Plated Steel Combination Drive Round-Head Machine Screws Homedepot
- #6-32 Zinc-Plated Machine Screw Nut Homedepot
- #8-32 TPI x 1/2 in. Zinc-Plated Round-Head Combo Drive Machine Screw Homedepot
- #8-32 tpi Zinc-Plated Machine Screw Nut Homedepot
- Natural Danish Oil Homedepot
- 400-Grit Sand Paper
My design is based on BioHack Academy’s design below.
Testing out the electorics. The fan’s blades are all removed and 3 of N48 magnets are stacked and glued on each end of fan’s turning body.
Laser cutting 5mm (1/4in) Birch Plywood. Masking tape is protecting the surface from burn marks.
#6 Machine Screws are used for the bottom panel and wood glue for the rest of panels.
After a light coat of Danish Oil.
22-Gauge Aluminum Metal Sheet covers the top and the heating pad is taped under the aluminum sheet with a heat resistant tape. The heating pad is getting 12v at about 1.3A (15.6W) and gets about 110°C. But in my testing, the surface of aluminum sheet gets 58°C at 5 min mark, 64°C at 10 min, and 67°C at 15 min.
Adobe Illustrator file